Top 12 Free Places to See Singapore Fireworks 2015 – SG50 Celebration
As Singapore marks 50 years of independence this year, the fireworks on display will be the most majestic and spectacular. The theme for this year’s NDP2015 is “Majulah Singapura” and the NDP will return to a historic venue, the Padang, to celebrate Singapore’s Golden Jubilee. To allow for more Singaporeans to be part of the Parade at the Padang, celebrations will be extended to various sites around the Marina Bay area, where “live” streaming of the Parade will be broadcast on LED screens.
The fireworks display could be viewed from various locations spreading a large area around Marina Bay area. Complimenting the pyrotechnics at the Padang and roof-top of 7 surrounding commercial buildings there will be level high fireworks from the main barge at the Marina Basin. From the main barge at the Marina Basin the fireworks display cover a second barge located in Marina Bay between Gardens by the Bay and Singapore Flyer.
Singapore National Day Firework Display
When: 9th August 2015 Time: Expected to start at around 7:45
7:30 – 7:40 – Mini Fireworks
7:50 – 8:00 – Mini Fireworks
8:15 – Fireworks Finale
Tips: During the Jubilee Weekend (7 and 8 Aug 15), there will also be firework displays at the end of each day at the Marina Bay area. There will be also fireworks display during the rehearsal on 1 August.
Here are the top 12 places to watch Singapore Fireworks 2015 for FREE:
Tips for Watching Fireworks
1. Turn up earlier to find yourself some good location to have a good view and for taking photos. Some enthusiast person may turn up early in the morning to “book” the ideal spots, so you will need to turn up early especially for those free and good spots.
2. Any places that have unblocked view of the waterfront location at Marina Bay will be a good spot to watch the fireworks for NDP. Of course, the higher you go, the lesser your view will be blocked. However, to fully soak in the atmosphere, you’ll need to go near and hear the blasting sounds of the firework!
3. Prepared for the event. Remember to arm yourself with cameras and take whatever you need for the occasion to be comfortable such as drinks, fan, picnic baskets, umbrella, snacks, portable seats, hats and wear comfortable clothes and shoes. As for all crowded places, be careful of your own belongings. For those paid venue, make your reservation early!
4. Take public transport. Most good spots for viewing will be packed with people and most road will be blocked for the NDP so it will be easier to take public transport then to stuck in traffic jams.
5. Camera. Bring your telescopic, wide angle professional DSLR camera and tripod with you to capture those stunning moments. Do bring extra batteries and memory cards along to ensure you don’t regret missing anything.
Share with us where is your favorite location to watch the firework in Singapore.